Here are some Proven Benefits of Mentoring:
- Increase understanding of subject matter.
- Gain confidence and intrinsic motivation towards learning.
- Improve communication skills.
- Develop social and leadership skills.
- Experience a marked increase in rapid decision making skills.
- Receive personal attention and instructions.
- Improve academic production, grades, and cognition.
- Learn positive attitudes and skills through peer modeling.
- Learn to share, help, and empathize through peer interaction.
- Accommodate individual and classroom needs.
- Observe students’ social skills and behaviours.
- Gain insight into individual students’ learning styles.
Names and themes of the 10 Missions
- Mission 1 – The Windbooster: Encouragement
- Mission 2 – The Garbage Dump: Purging
- Mission 3 – The Fixotron: Organizing
- Mission 4 – The Look : Good Presentation
- Mission 5 – The Breakdown : Dividing & scheduling
- Mission 6 – The 321Dragons Drill : An effective routine
- Mission 7 – The 10-Second Rule : Remembering
- Mission 8 – Homework Booster: Great Homework Habits
- Mission 9 – Boost My Brain: Study and Retention
- Mission 10 – The Takeaway: Highlights to remember